- One of the most powerful long range lights on the market.
- Uses four advanced CREE XP-L HI LEDs with a lifespan of 20 years
- The high output reaches 4450 lumens and an ultra-long distance of 1151 meters.
- ThruNite ITC technology to prevents possible damage from overheating.
- Intelligent and ergonomic user-friendly interface.
- LED: 4xCREE XP-L HI LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Runs on: 4 x 18650 (ThruNite 18650 3400Mah).
- Working voltage: 5V-9V.
- Charging current/voltage: 8.4V, 3.5A.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with four pieces ThruNite Li-ion 18650 batteries (3.6V/3400mAh) and for CW. NW parameters is 10% off):
- Strobe(1100 lumens /9hrs),
- Turbo(4450 lumens/85mins),
- High(1780 lumens /2.7hrs),
- Medium(580 lumens /9.5hrs),
- Low(90 lumens /2.5days),
- Firefly (1.2 lumens /57days).
- Peak beam intensity: 331200cd.
- Max beam distance: 1151m.
- Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (2 meters).
- Impact resistant: 1.0 meter.
- Working Temperature: -40℃-40℃.
- Dimensions: 173mm (length) x 100mm x 52mm.
- Weight: 592g (battery not included).
- Accessories: Shoulder strap*1, Strap ring*1, Spare O-ring*2, Side switch Cap*1
- Turn On/Off
Press the side switch to turn the light on/off.
- Change Mode
- When the light is on, long press the side switch to cycle through low, medium and high.
- Shortcut to firefly: When the light is off, long press the side switch to get firefly mode.
- Double click to turn to turbo from any mode. Another double click to get strobe.
- ITC Technology
The light will automatically lower the current when temperature in LED or driver rises to 80 degrees centigrade to protect the flashlight from overheating. Thus to extend its lifespan.
- Memory Function
The light will turn on in the last mode accessed, except firefly, turbo and strobe.
- Low Voltage Indication
When the indicating light on the side switch turns from blue to red, it means the batteries should be replaced or charged.
- Battery Replacement:
Take off the tail cap, insert four 18650 batteries into the battery carrier, put the carrier into the flashlight and screw on the tail cap. With either end of the battery carrier towards the light head is OK. But make sure the batteries are correctly inserted into the carrier with polarities matched (springs on the carrier should connect with the cathodes of batteries).
Great light so far
Posted by Unknown on 19th Jan 2018
Pretty much agree with a previous reviewer about the reality of "super throwers". The TN40S throws a relatively wide spot reaching distances where one can still clearly see what the object is (without using optical magnification). The neutral tint is really nice. I've been using protected IMR cells with no issues of unexpected power down. When the power switch battery indicator turned red (while in turbo mode), I removed the batteries and measured them at 3.2V. The TNS40S was still functioning at this point - I just didn't want to run the batteries down any further. The light has more usable spill than my dedicated thrower. Overall a very well balanced flashlight. Hopefully it will remain reliable over the long term - so far so good.
Only negative - wish it would come with a holster. I would have paid a little extra to have this item included.
This one is AMAZING !!
Posted by My wife calls me a flashaholic on 7th Dec 2017
I already had 4 Thrunite flashlights, but I wanted something that really could throw light at something at more than 300m.
This lightbomb lights up anything at distances up to 500m, easily. But everything that goes beyond of that, is overkill and thus useless, in my opinion.
I have the Neutral White version, with a beautiful tint.
This TN40s is the perfect "thrower", but do not expect to light up something at +600m (this is in fact the case with all stated throwing distances of all flashlights of all brands: devide the stated throwing distance by 2 to get a real usable throwing distance...)
Posted by Krzysztof on 7th Sep 2017
The best flashlight I have. Extends the TN42 range, but shines much wider.
Link to my reviews on the Polish forum:
Turbo mode likes only max charged batteries
Posted by Unknown on 13th Jan 2017
I would have given this light a five, but the turbo mode will only work when the batteries (I'm using Thrunight 3400 MAH) are FULLY CHARGED. I have to charge the Thrunight batteries to over 4.2v to get the turbo mode to function. You can expect about 15 min. of run time in turbo before the batteries are down to 4.1v and the low battery feature kicks the light OFF. The light is inoperable until you unscrew the body (to break battery contact) and then retighten. The light will then function in all the other modes. The super bright turbo feature is why I bought this light and I am not sure I could rely on it in an emergency. Quality of build and components is excellent. I returned the first TN40S that I received because I also had problems with the turbo feature on that light. This was an early pre-order light so maybe Thrunight has corrected the low battery feature so it's not so damn fussy on later production.
Perfect mix between thrower and flooded.
Posted by Koen on 7th Jan 2017
This light is really a perfect mix between a flooder and thrower. The build quality is perfect. The light is not to heavy. The price is right for this powerful light. I like it a lot also of having no build in battery pack, I can use my own 18650 cells. Also the lowest brightness level is very useful.I read a lot on different lights before I bought his one. I don't regret it, I recommend it. The best light you can buy for this price.
Posted by Unknown on 5th Jan 2017
Superb value for price. Very powerful LED's. I love my new TN40S.
shipping late for item
Posted by KHAN on 8th Dec 2016
The product is good as it describe but the only problem about the shipping was seriously slow i mean it.when i bought the light i received it after 23 days later!!. if i don't communicate with thrunite store i know i will get 34 days later.that slow it is.seems it's coming from different planet. that's the only things i have issue with . otherwise the product is good as it describe it's a powerful light.