- One of the most powerful long range lights on the market.
- Uses four advanced CREE XP-L HI LEDs with a lifespan of 20 years
- The high output reaches 4450 lumens and an ultra-long distance of 1151 meters.
- ThruNite ITC technology to prevents possible damage from overheating.
- Intelligent and ergonomic user-friendly interface.
- LED: 4xCREE XP-L HI LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Runs on: 4 x 18650 (ThruNite 18650 3200Mah).
- Working voltage: 5V-9V.
- Charging current/voltage: 8.4V, 3.5A.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with four pieces ThruNite Li-ion 18650 batteries (3.6V/3400mAh) and for CW. NW parameters is 10% off):
- Strobe(1100 lumens /9hrs),
- Turbo(4450 lumens/85mins),
- High(1780 lumens /2.7hrs),
- Medium(580 lumens /9.5hrs),
- Low(90 lumens /2.5days),
- Firefly (1.2 lumens /57days).
- Peak beam intensity: 331200cd.
- Max beam distance: 1151m.
- Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (2 meters).
- Impact resistant: 1.0 meter.
- Working Temperature: -40℃-40℃.
- Dimensions: 173mm (length) x 100mm x 52mm.
- Weight: 592g (battery not included).
- Accessories: Shoulder strap*1, Strap ring*1, Spare O-ring*2, Side switch Cap*1
- Turn On/Off
Press the side switch to turn the light on/off.
- Change Mode
- When the light is on, long press the side switch to cycle through low, medium and high.
- Shortcut to firefly: When the light is off, long press the side switch to get firefly mode.
- Double click to turn to turbo from any mode. Another double click to get strobe.
- ITC Technology
The light will automatically lower the current when temperature in LED or driver rises to 80 degrees centigrade to protect the flashlight from overheating. Thus to extend its lifespan.
- Memory Function
The light will turn on in the last mode accessed, except firefly, turbo and strobe.
- Low Voltage Indication
When the indicating light on the side switch turns from blue to red, it means the batteries should be replaced or charged.
- Battery Replacement:
Take off the tail cap, insert four 18650 batteries into the battery carrier, put the carrier into the flashlight and screw on the tail cap. With either end of the battery carrier towards the light head is OK. But make sure the batteries are correctly inserted into the carrier with polarities matched (springs on the carrier should connect with the cathodes of batteries).
Turbo mode likes only max charged batteries
Posted by Unknown on 13th Jan 2017
I would have given this light a five, but the turbo mode will only work when the batteries (I'm using Thrunight 3400 MAH) are FULLY CHARGED. I have to charge the Thrunight batteries to over 4.2v to get the turbo mode to function. You can expect about 15 min. of run time in turbo before the batteries are down to 4.1v and the low battery feature kicks the light OFF. The light is inoperable until you unscrew the body (to break battery contact) and then retighten. The light will then function in all the other modes. The super bright turbo feature is why I bought this light and I am not sure I could rely on it in an emergency. Quality of build and components is excellent. I returned the first TN40S that I received because I also had problems with the turbo feature on that light. This was an early pre-order light so maybe Thrunight has corrected the low battery feature so it's not so damn fussy on later production.
Perfect mix between thrower and flooded.
Posted by Koen on 7th Jan 2017
This light is really a perfect mix between a flooder and thrower. The build quality is perfect. The light is not to heavy. The price is right for this powerful light. I like it a lot also of having no build in battery pack, I can use my own 18650 cells. Also the lowest brightness level is very useful.I read a lot on different lights before I bought his one. I don't regret it, I recommend it. The best light you can buy for this price.
Posted by Unknown on 5th Jan 2017
Superb value for price. Very powerful LED's. I love my new TN40S.
shipping late for item
Posted by KHAN on 8th Dec 2016
The product is good as it describe but the only problem about the shipping was seriously slow i mean it.when i bought the light i received it after 23 days later!!. if i don't communicate with thrunite store i know i will get 34 days later.that slow it is.seems it's coming from different planet. that's the only things i have issue with . otherwise the product is good as it describe it's a powerful light.