- TC12 V2 is a compact and practical USB rechargeable EDC LED flashlight, which combines TN12 2016 and TC10 V2 characteristics,
ideal for military, army, law enforcement, firefighters, police, emergency, security, hunting, camping and other outdoor activities use.
- The TC12 V2 adopts one CREE XP-L V6 LED and can make output up to 1100 lumens - more than enough to cover everyday use.
- Equipped with ThruNite ITC technology, and virtually unbreakable aircraft grade aluminum body,
TC12 V2 will be absolutely a great Rechargeable LED Flashlight for your choice.
- Micro USB Rechargeable EDC LED flashlight with intelligent overcharge protection.
- Adopt latest CREE XP-L V6 LED to make max output up to 1100 lumens.
- Adopt common micro USB charging port for easy use everywhere.
- Stainless steel side switch makes the operation more sensitive and convenient.
- Six modes for available: Firefly, Low, Medium, High, Turbo and Strobe.
- Silent Momentary-on “forward clicky” tactical tail switch for signaling or brief lighting.
- One key to Strobe for signaling or blinding the bad guys’ eyes, TC12 V2 is more than an EDC.
- ThruNite ITC(intelligent temperature control) technology to prevent possible light damage from overheating.
- Smooth reflector for far beam in search, hunting, law enforcement and military applications.
- Reversed polarity protection system prevents damage to the light.
- Ultra clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
- Aircraft grade aluminum body structure with knurling for firm grip.
- Premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish.
- Memory function to set any mode (except Strobe) for immediate use.
- More compact than other rechargeable LED flashlights on the market.
- LED: CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Runs on: 1x18650 battery (included).
- Working voltage: 2.75V-6.0V.
- Charging current/voltage: 5V, 1A.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with ThruNite 3400mAh 18650 battery):
Strobe(1100 lumens /3.6 hrs),
Turbo(1100 lumens/2.2 hrs),
High(472 lumens /3.4 hrs),
Medium(200 lumens /8.7 hrs),
Low(21 lumens /2.5 days),
Firefly (0.5 lumens /49 days).
- Peak beam intensity: 14399cd.
- Max beam distance: 240m.
- Power interface: 1 * micro USB charging port.
- Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (2 meters).
- Impact resistant: 1 meters.
- Working Temperature: -40℃-80℃.
- Dimensions: 140mm (length) x 25.4mm (body diameter).
- Weight: 87g (excluding battery).
- Accessories: Holster x1, Spare O ring x2, Lanyard x1, Pocket Clip x1,
18650 3400mAh Battery x1, USB Charging Cord x1.
- Turn On/Off
Press the tail switch halfway to momentarily ACTIVATE the light. Click the tail switch to turn the light on and off.
- Change Modes
With the light turns on, press the side switch to circle through five different mode outputs from Firefly, Low, Medium, High, and Turbo.
- One Key to Strobe
With the light on, press and hold the side switch for about 1 second to enter into Strobe mode (12.5HZ),
and a single press the side switch will return to the last mode before Strobe.
- Unique Firefly Mode
What’s the use of this 0.5 lumen setting, which is similar to Firefly? Reading a map while surviving, guiding the way without blinding yourself
while awake from sleep, or just reading in its natural beam to protect the eyes at night.
Firefly mode is what ThruNite keeps doing to be considerate for every user, tactical or normal.
- ITC Technology
The light will automatically lower the current when temperature in LED or driver rises to 80 degrees centigrade to protect the flashlight from overheating.
Thus to extend its lifespan.
- Battery Replacement
Take off the tail cap, insert the battery with the anode (+) toward the LED assembly (head of the light),
screw the tail on and tighten it all the way to operate the light.
- Please turn on the flashlight and keep the battery inside to charge.
- Battery Capacity Indicators
Battery capacity: >20%, Blue light will be ON.
Battery capacity: 10%-20%, Red light will flash.
Battery capacity: <10%, Red light will on and remind to be charged.
After being fully charged, Blue light will be ON.
Note: the battery capacity indicator will not work at Firefly mode
- How to charge TC12 V2
- Purple Flash: Plug the Micro-USB charge cable into the power adapter(not included). LED indicator flashes purple. It means that abnormal charging.
Please click the tail switch and keep the battery inside to charge.
Red Led: The flashlight is being charged when the RED led is on. Press and hold the stainless side switch to turn off the light
Blue Led: After being fully charged, Blue Led will be on. It takes around 4.5-5 hours to fully charge the battery.
Note: The flashlight can only cycle from firefly and low mode while charging. Press and hold the side switch to turn off the light.
When the flashlight is on, plug the Micro USB charging cable to charge the light, it will turn off automatically to switch to charging mode
Amazing would recommend to anybody
Posted by Unknown on 29th Apr 2017
Flash works great and is very durable! Most of dropped like 6 times still works like brand new!! Best one I ever bought well worth my money!!
Great Light, Great support
Posted by Andrew S on 18th Mar 2017
I'm so happy with this light I thought about not mentioning my troubles in this review. I see a few others saying the had support issues but I had a really good experience with Thrunite support. I had problems with my TC12. It started not responding a few days after I received it. Wouldn't charge, wouldn't turn on. Was really bummed since otherwise it was incredible light. I sent support an email or two and got no response after a few days so I tried the support form here on their website and got an almost immediate reply. They suggested a few things to try and said if that didn't fix, to send it back. I wound up sending it in a few days later after the light became completely unresponsive. It took awhile but Thrunite shipped out a replacement and I am very happy with the light and Thrunite. I got the NW version and it looks really close to natural sunlight, not yellow or burnt like some other lights. Feels sturdy and fits well in hand. This is a really nice light and I see why its getting so much praise.
Posted by Rod on 15th Mar 2017
Best compact flashlight on the market. Worth every penny.
Great light for the money
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on 26th Feb 2017
This is my first 18650 type flashlight. Because of that the built in charger appealed to me. The brightness levels and size are perfect for my needs, bedside table, vehicle, tool bag, general around the house uses. No complaints so far!
Posted by Nick on 14th Feb 2017
As a police officer, I am thoroughly impressed with this light. I work a straight midnight shift and I have gone through more than my share of lights including some of the more commonly used lights by law enforcement and I have found this light to be brighter than most of, if not all of those other lights. Because I work nights, I carry a few lights on me and in my gear bag and truthfully all of them with the exception of my weapon mounted light are Thrunite lights which includes the Catapult V-5 which if you don't mind a full size light, is one I highly recommend as a search light.
Posted by Archie on 4th Feb 2017
The light is nice and narrow but very durable and powerful; would like to eventually see fuel gauges!
Worked for one day
Posted by David Maguire on 27th Jan 2017
I used this flashlight for one day. Felt like really good quality. Had problems with light settings and staying on the next. Have contacted customer support 2 times in nearly 6 days with ZERO response.If you buy a light from these guys hope you don't need to contact "Customer Support". If they respond and fix the situation I may change product review.
Best bang for the buck
Posted by Jay on 19th Jan 2017
Cost half of what a Surefire product I bought 20 years ago did. More robust and smaller as well. The technology has changed, but the comparable Surefire product today is many times the price. All comparable competitor products are more pricey and, in most or all cases, not as good. This is a superlative buy for the money.
Posted by Unknown on 13th Jan 2017
Had a small problem with the first tc12 flashlight but they did not even hesitate to send me a replacement and the new one I got is awesome worth the money and super bright. Customer service was amazing.
Posted by Jason L Arcellana on 11th Jan 2017
Great light, very powerful, lightweight. I love the USB charging. Very solid feel
Best USB rechargeable out there
Posted by David C. on 10th Jan 2017
Meets Exceeds Following :
1. Price Value 2. Quality 3. Power 4. Battery life 5. Lumen levels spread - highest highs / lowest lows and sensible mid-levels 6. Tactical back switch, independent of side mode switch 7. Strong warranty
Posted by Martin Gomez on 5th Jan 2017
I rated this flashlight TC12V2 a 4 stars because I haven't really had a chance to put it through its paces yet, but as for the quality it seems to be top notch everything seems function well & I'm sure that once I get a chance to really use this flashlight I may give 5 stars like anything else time will tell.
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Jan 2017
Just an awsome flashlight didn't think id like it but i LOVE IT! Thank you Thrunite. Looking to buy another one
All around great light
Posted by Ryan on 3rd Jan 2017
I own many flashlights, some brighter, some smaller, some bigger, but something about this TC12 v2 makes me just love it. Its very reliable, and just feels like quality in your hand. The battery provided with it lasts a long time and the on board charging makes it a stand alone light. The Neutral White led is the perfect color. I highly recommend this light if you're someone who wants a quality light without having to keep up with a separate charger and batteries.
I waited a long time for a light with these specs to become available
Posted by Stefan on 31st Dec 2016
Well, I waited and waited and waited even longer...
First there was the TN12 in multiple versions that almost fit the bill but wasn't perfect for me. Having to remove the battery for charging is not great and with brighter LEDs on the horizon (1k+ lumen), I decided to wait a bit longer. Then Thrunite introduced the TC12 (v1) which solved one of the issues! I was willing to live with the less than perfect spacing between modes and who measures the difference between 900 and 1100 lumen anyway... But then the TC12 v2 was announced! It appeared perfect on paper, but how would the reviews turn out? I decided to take the gamble and order it before any reviews were available. With such a good track record, what could go wrong?
One good day, the mailman delivered a package while I was away. The wifey decided it would be nice to keep the TC12 as a present for Christmas... At least it was dark outside when I finally got it!
The modes are in fact spaced perfectly and the two button operation fits my intended (semi) tactical use. But there was something strange about the cycling through the modes: I expected it to simply change to the next mode up. But no! From whatever mode you start, hit the mode button once and it changes to firefly mode. This takes a bit of getting used to, but then it even makes sense if you consider the tactical use of the light. To cycle through the modes normally, you have to click the mode button within 5 seconds (or so).
Then, I read from one of the reviews below that there was no noticeable difference between high and turbo modes. First I could not reproduce this, until... I ran out of juice! With the battery level below 10%, the turbo mode appears to be equal to high mode. Charge the battery and there is the turbo mode again! Not a problem if you ask me.
The only thing I can point out as a flaw (minus 1 star) is the supplied user manual. There is no reference to the meaning of the different battery indicator colours. There is also no mention on how to charge the TC12 v2 (tail switch ON!). But luckily that information is available on this page.
I have only tested the light under normal conditions but so far it performs great! Cannot wait to take it with me on one of my next adventures.