- TC12 V2 is a compact and practical USB rechargeable EDC LED flashlight, which combines TN12 2016 and TC10 V2 characteristics,
ideal for military, army, law enforcement, firefighters, police, emergency, security, hunting, camping and other outdoor activities use.
- The TC12 V2 adopts one CREE XP-L V6 LED and can make output up to 1100 lumens - more than enough to cover everyday use.
- Equipped with ThruNite ITC technology, and virtually unbreakable aircraft grade aluminum body,
TC12 V2 will be absolutely a great Rechargeable LED Flashlight for your choice.
- Micro USB Rechargeable EDC LED flashlight with intelligent overcharge protection.
- Adopt latest CREE XP-L V6 LED to make max output up to 1100 lumens.
- Adopt common micro USB charging port for easy use everywhere.
- Stainless steel side switch makes the operation more sensitive and convenient.
- Six modes for available: Firefly, Low, Medium, High, Turbo and Strobe.
- Silent Momentary-on “forward clicky” tactical tail switch for signaling or brief lighting.
- One key to Strobe for signaling or blinding the bad guys’ eyes, TC12 V2 is more than an EDC.
- ThruNite ITC(intelligent temperature control) technology to prevent possible light damage from overheating.
- Smooth reflector for far beam in search, hunting, law enforcement and military applications.
- Reversed polarity protection system prevents damage to the light.
- Ultra clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating.
- Aircraft grade aluminum body structure with knurling for firm grip.
- Premium type III hard anodized anti-abrasive finish.
- Memory function to set any mode (except Strobe) for immediate use.
- More compact than other rechargeable LED flashlights on the market.
- LED: CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Runs on: 1x18650 battery (included).
- Working voltage: 2.75V-6.0V.
- Charging current/voltage: 5V, 1A.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with ThruNite 3400mAh 18650 battery):
Strobe(1100 lumens /3.6 hrs),
Turbo(1100 lumens/2.2 hrs),
High(472 lumens /3.4 hrs),
Medium(200 lumens /8.7 hrs),
Low(21 lumens /2.5 days),
Firefly (0.5 lumens /49 days).
- Peak beam intensity: 14399cd.
- Max beam distance: 240m.
- Power interface: 1 * micro USB charging port.
- Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (2 meters).
- Impact resistant: 1 meters.
- Working Temperature: -40℃-80℃.
- Dimensions: 140mm (length) x 25.4mm (body diameter).
- Weight: 87g (excluding battery).
- Accessories: Holster x1, Spare O ring x2, Lanyard x1, Pocket Clip x1,
18650 3400mAh Battery x1, USB Charging Cord x1.
- Turn On/Off
Press the tail switch halfway to momentarily ACTIVATE the light. Click the tail switch to turn the light on and off.
- Change Modes
With the light turns on, press the side switch to circle through five different mode outputs from Firefly, Low, Medium, High, and Turbo.
- One Key to Strobe
With the light on, press and hold the side switch for about 1 second to enter into Strobe mode (12.5HZ),
and a single press the side switch will return to the last mode before Strobe.
- Unique Firefly Mode
What’s the use of this 0.5 lumen setting, which is similar to Firefly? Reading a map while surviving, guiding the way without blinding yourself
while awake from sleep, or just reading in its natural beam to protect the eyes at night.
Firefly mode is what ThruNite keeps doing to be considerate for every user, tactical or normal.
- ITC Technology
The light will automatically lower the current when temperature in LED or driver rises to 80 degrees centigrade to protect the flashlight from overheating.
Thus to extend its lifespan.
- Battery Replacement
Take off the tail cap, insert the battery with the anode (+) toward the LED assembly (head of the light),
screw the tail on and tighten it all the way to operate the light.
- Please turn on the flashlight and keep the battery inside to charge.
- Battery Capacity Indicators
Battery capacity: >20%, Blue light will be ON.
Battery capacity: 10%-20%, Red light will flash.
Battery capacity: <10%, Red light will on and remind to be charged.
After being fully charged, Blue light will be ON.
Note: the battery capacity indicator will not work at Firefly mode
- How to charge TC12 V2
- Purple Flash: Plug the Micro-USB charge cable into the power adapter(not included). LED indicator flashes purple. It means that abnormal charging.
Please click the tail switch and keep the battery inside to charge.
Red Led: The flashlight is being charged when the RED led is on. Press and hold the stainless side switch to turn off the light
Blue Led: After being fully charged, Blue Led will be on. It takes around 4.5-5 hours to fully charge the battery.
Note: The flashlight can only cycle from firefly and low mode while charging. Press and hold the side switch to turn off the light.
When the flashlight is on, plug the Micro USB charging cable to charge the light, it will turn off automatically to switch to charging mode
Previous | Showing reviews 16-27 of 27
Posted by J.S. on 24th Dec 2016
I bought this light to use occasionally and that it can be recharged using a usb cord. I recently did a renovation and kept it in the long side pocket of my Carhartt pants. I pulled it out frequently to use for my work. Scanning behind walls, and lighting up under the bathtub to find leaks etc. The only problem is when I went to the local hardware store, all the women stared at me. I couldn't figure it out as I always had messy hair and dirty shirts. Then I realised that I had my light with me. I experimented a bit. I went to the bathroom and pulled it out a bit but not showing too much, just the lanyard and the push button were visible. I walked out back proudly and went to the paint aisle to get a brush to cut in the corners in the room I was painting. All of a sudden I couldn't move. There were at least 6 women in the aisle jockeying for a look. I pulled out the light and 4 of them gasped. The other 2 passed out. I giggled and went back to the bathroom to get away from the commotion. BTW I am married so I went home and told my wife about the incident. She just laughed at me and pinched me so I could wake up and quit talking in my sleep. HAHA. Seriously, buy this light, it is awesome.
Still Shining Bright!!!!
Posted by Toby Delahoussaye on 23rd Dec 2016
Well this is the second TC-12 V2 I've purchased and the third TC-12. Love this flashlight. Ya can't go wrong!
Defect or Decline in Product Quality?
Posted by Rinz on 21st Dec 2016
Unfortunately the TC12 V2 which I ordered appeared to have what I presume to be a defect, I presume this as the older model TC12 (V1) which I own is a quality product and surely the newer model couldn't be a worse product, could it?
The TC12 V2 which I ordered has the issue where in there is no turbo feature! There is (Setting 1) Firefly, (Setting 2) Low, (Setting 3) Medium, (Setting 4) High, and then (Setting 5) High again! as opposed to what should be: (Setting 1) Firefly, (Setting 2) Low, (Setting 3) Medium, (Setting 4) High, (Setting 5) Turbo. I compared the TC12 V2 side by side to my old TC12 (V1) and noticed the problem immediately as (Setting 4) on the TC12 (V1) was brighter than (Setting 4) and (Setting 5) on the TC12 V2. Hopefully Thrunite didn't reduce the quality of the flashlight in this model series as that would be a shame.
Also worth mentioning is that unlike the TC12 (V1) where the Lumen level increased step by step; the TC12 V2 goes back down to the lowest Lumen level (firefly) after a few seconds and you have to click the button to get up to the higher settings, though it isn't such a large issue I don't understand why they switched the method in how the lumen level is raised as I found no issues with the old method.
I contacted Thrunite's service email so hopefully they can get back to me and remedy this issue, but until then the rating must stay.
It's worth mentioning that the shipping was relatively fast as I ordered it on the 15th of December and received it on the 20th so good work on that.
My new favorite flashlight.
Posted by email@example.com on 15th Dec 2016
This thing is great. I use it daily for inspections. The hotspot is less intense than my last light which helps. Also in neutral white I'm able to distinguish colors better.
Posted by Sameer Moideen on 14th Dec 2016
great value with 20% discount. it should have been highlighted in instruction booklet that the flashlight should be on before connecting to USB charger.
Finally the great features in ONE light!
Posted by Eben Visher on 13th Dec 2016
I'm pressed for time. Sorry. However, they've done a phenomenal job. I buy flashlights like this all the time, this is the best I've ever had.
Things I particularly am excited about:
* The big button on the tail can be clicked, or can be pressed down for just temporary "On"
* The temporary press and the click press are VERY easy to tell apart
* The button is big and comfortable
* In addition, there is ANOTHER button, on the side under my thumb
* The side button lets me switch between modes - ALL the modes
* I never need to double-click
* I never need to triple-click (I'm never agile enough)
* The light is about 3/4 the brightness of a car headlight, far the brightest I can find in this form factor
* It takes wonderful, standard batteries
* It has a charger port on the side! (Normal micro-USB)
* The company is long term, will remain there
* I have found the company very supportive
Exceptional Bang For The Buck Flashlight!
Posted by Harvard Man on 11th Dec 2016
Thrunite's TC12 V2 proves to be yet another exceptional bang for the buck addition to their already tremendous line of ultra high intensity LED flashlights.
It's all here: a pocket size blindingly bright 1100 lumen thrower with the ultra convenience of quick USB charging —this, to the included 18650 3400 mAh battery.
Factor in an exceptionally robust build quality and heft, the latter despite the TC12 V2's rather diminutive and very appealing size, an intuitive selector switch with a multi-colour LED charge status indicator —and, Thrunite's more than stellar level of customer service.
What more could one desire! Really?
As for the review citing "abnormal charging", I do not at all find this to be the case.
Posted by Parker on 8th Dec 2016
No charging instructions and no USB wall adapter included. After a search and find of the charging instructions it appears that the purple LED is lit with a generic USB wall adapter that I had laying around which indicated abnormal charging. I will call the manufacturer to try to get this problem corrected. Light does work as expected (until the battery dies)
best flashlight I have owned so far.
Posted by Travis on 8th Dec 2016
I was waiting for a solid USB rechargeable, high lumen flashlight. I was looking at another one that was over $100. I saw a review of the V1 on YouTube and did some research. I am very happy with this flashlight. The only thing I would change for my particular use age as a home inspector, would be when the mode button is pushed, it doesn't start of error from the lowest setting. (Kind of a pain when your in a crawlspace. But I have noticed where that could be handy around the house or outside.) Highly recommend this light. I typically don't use past the medium mode, but it's there when I need it!
Light up your life!
Posted by Toby Delahoussaye on 7th Dec 2016
Was a proud owner of the original TC12 and decided to pick up the V2. Great flashlight that I use almost daily. Love the modes and recharging options. Great Job!!
Posted by William Ruehl on 7th Dec 2016
Function and fit on these are outstanding. Love the rechargeable functionality. My only critique is that the charge never seems to end. Light output and button functions are intuitive and remarkably durable.
Well worth the money.
Posted by Ian on 7th Dec 2016
I've had mine for about a week now, and it seems to have a setting for every situation. It's an excellent all-around light. It can shine low enough for me to read in bed without disturbing my wife, and bright enough for me to see clearly at least 100 yards ahead when walking down a dark street or alley. Its beam has a bright but soft center spot that throws long-range light, and is surrounded by a very adequate amount of floody light. Its strobe setting has also proven to be surprisingly effective at night. The construction seems sturdy, fit and finish is very clean, and some extra parts came in the package as well--a spare power button, rubber seals, and a lanyard. Would definitely recommend this light for EDC.
Previous | Showing reviews 16-27 of 27